Returns & Special order policy
Returns & Exchanges Policy:
We want you to be delighted with your new purchase. If you need to make a return, we're here to help. Please review your item(s) upon delivery. If there is an issue with your order, contact customer service tel 408-780-1098 or email@example.com within three (3) days of receipt so we can help you with defective item/ missing parts or to send out a new replacement. We must receive the item back before we can ship out the replacement.
- Returns must be received in original resealable packaging and in original condition within 3 days of receipt. Assembled items are not returnable.
- Shipping charges are non-refundable. You will be responsible for outbound and return shipping and delivery charges, or white glove service.
- For local customer within 30 miles, min. pick up service is min. $195-$595 to cover the round trip shipping and picking up the returns. All these fee and charges will be deducted from your purchased amount. Service fee base on distance, quantity and type of furniture that need to pick up and rewrap for transporting.
- If the order was shipped out of our area & through a third party freight service, you will be responsible for the original outbound and return shipping cost that we paid the shipping company for this service in addition to the restocking fee of 25% or more base on how the condition of the shipment arrive at our facility by the freight company. You can arrange your own returning method and be responsible your return shipping cost and the cost of our outbound shipping cost when this was sent to you and restocking fee and/or damage fee when this items arrive back to our warehouse. This amount will be deducted from the refund amount. If we accept the return request, you are agreeing to our terms and conditions of the return fees & charges.
What can’t you return or exchange?
- All floor models, discontinued, last one merchandise(s) are sold as final sale and as-is. No returns, no refund or exchange.
- Custom order, special order, made to order or catalog order and ANY items that was produced and/or delivered or drop-shipped from our supplier directly to you. If factory already made your custom order items, we cannot accept any cancellations due to logistic delays, Customs delays, or delivery delays.
- We award a partial refund for unopened or used products if return within 3 days.
- We inspect all returned items and will refund you based on the condition of the item. The amount of the partial refund depends on the condition of the item as determined by our sole discretion.
- Your refund will be reduced by a restocking charge equal to 25% of the purchase price plus round trip actual inbound and outbound shipping cost (floor models items, discontinued items, closeouts items, accessories, rugs, lighting, and bedding and mattresses and sofabed are not returnable)
You will be responsible to pay the 25% restocking fee, original shipping fee and return shipping fee if we receive the Regular or Oversized Item return for any of the following reasons:
- You refuse a delivery without inspection
- You miss a delivery appointment
- You return a non-defective or undamaged product
What if I want to cancel my order?
We can accept cancellation of your order for items that have not yet shipped or non-special order items are on backorder. In-stock items normally ship out within 2-3 days after an order has been placed plus transit time by freight carrier for oversized/ heavy items. Once an item has shipped, cancellation is not possible.
- If you order by credit card, your card will be charged as each item is shipped.
- Custom and special order items cannot be cancelled after 24hrs.
- Cancellation Policy Only on catalog orders and special order not yet processed & not ready to ship may be cancelled after we verify with our shipper that it has not release for shipping. Special order may be canceled and must do so within 24 hours of purchased date for full refund. Special Orders that have been accepted by the factory for productions are not able to cancel for any reason due to production delays, logistics delays, Mother Nature delays, or government & Customs clearance delays that are out of our control. We hope you will understand the lengthy process of a special order and dealing with many parties during that time also requires extra time. We do our best to give you an estimate of the lead time frame under the normal circumstances but not guaranteed on time. If you placed a special order, then you are agreeing to our terms and conditions.
- We will issues full credit on cancelled orders in the form of payment used if cancel within 24 hrs. If the deposit was made in the form of a check and we have not deposit the check, we will return the uncashed check back to you. If the check as been deposit to our bank, please allow up to 10 days for check to clear before we can issues the refund.
- It is not in our control with mother nature as it may delay the ocean freight time line or the process in which may takes days for Custom to inspect container arriving in the US port before releasing it to the freight company to deliver to us. There are also time when we submitted an order and it happened to run into major holidays from the country which the order is being manufactured and they may closed up to a month to observe those holidays and cause the delay in productions. However, every party involved in this process will do their best to get the special order made and deliver to us as soon possible and these issues may or may not happen but you are aware of it and understand that you cannot cancel an order due to any of the unforeseen issues and you waived your rights when you proceed with the special order.
What is considered oversized?Oversized item:
An Oversized Item is a large product that ships through freight carriers.
- All Oversized Items must meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Weigh 151 lbs. or more when packaged.
- Length measures 108 in. or more.
- Girth measures 165 in. or more.
- If an item ships on a wooden pallet, regardless of weight (but generally in the 100-150 lb. range), it is considered an Oversized Item.
You are responsible for the cost of the return shipping fee when you return an oversized item for any of the following reasons:
You refuse a delivery without inspection
You miss a delivery appointment
You return a non-defective or undamaged product
All returned oversized items are fully inspected upon their arrival back at our warehouse
We reserve the right to deduct the return round trip shipping fee, which generally ranges from $100 to $695 or more (depending on size and weight), if the item is not in its original condition upon arrival back at our warehouse. This fee is in addition to the restocking fee of 25%.
Risk of Loss
All items purchased from Eurohaus Modern Furniture are made pursuant to a shipment contract. This means that the risk of loss and title for such items pass to you upon our delivery of your item(s) to the carrier.
For out of our area customers, we use third party carrier company like UPS, FEDEX, and LCL Freight (less than truckload for oversized and heavy items) truck to ship item(s) to you and it is out of our control of delivery schedule or how the merchandise is handled once the orders are pick up by one of the carrier.
It is important that you inspect your item(s) while the carrier is still at your home & note down on the driver's delivery receipt and/or bill of lading regarding the damages: You must contact us within 24 hrs. of signing the delivery receipt to file a damaged/loss claim. After 24 hrs, no claims are accepted due to the time line requirement by the freight carrier. No exception.
1. note the damage(s) description where you see it. If the damages only on the outer packaging or if the damages on the outer packaging and you can see it causes damages to the furniture at that area. You will most likely able to see how deep the damage area and you might also hear noises as the pieces inside moves with sound of something came off or broke off inside. The more details the better.
2. take photos the note written on the driver's copy of the area with the issues small or big problems to protect yourself from insurance's claim
3. take photo of the damaged area from all sides, 4. if possible and if you can see damages while the items is on the truck bed, take photo to show it already came damaged. As much photos and notes as you can get is the best protection to have the freight insurance to cover the damaged claim.
5. keep everything related to your shipment or damaged claim/exchanges/returns may be denied
DO NOT discard any of the shipping box or packing materials.
DO NOT discard the product itself because it may be necessary for the carrier to inspect the item and report on the damage.
DO NOT ship the item back to Eurohaus without first being instructed to do so. Failure to comply may result in denial of a damaged item claim per the shipping carrier’s claims guidelines.
Without any written damages noted on the driver's delivery copy after he leave and you contact us regarding damaged and don't have proof of the damaged noted on the driver's copy, your damaged claim will be denied.
Remember, when you sign the delivery copy without any notes written about the damages, you are signing off that the delivery arrived in good conditions with no damage or defect.
We can't stressed enough of how shipping oversized items has its difficulties but we have to relied on freight carrier in order to offer our products to ship to your home. This will help protect both you as the end consumer and us as the dealer when it comes to filing, on your behalf, regarding the damage/loss claim against the shipping company. We really appreciate your cooperation to make this a smooth transaction and ensure you receive your order in good conditions.
If the merchandise is shipped locally by our in-house staff and the furniture arrived damaged or defective, our driver note on the receipt and will either take the defective piece(s) back to our facility and request the replacement piece for you. Once we have the replacement ready for you, we will contact you to arrange a delivery day/time. If the item is a special order or it is not in stock at our location, we will need additional time to process the replacement with our vendor and bring back to you in a timely manner as items are available.
If you decide that you want to return the furniture after it is delivered, then it falls under our normal Returns & Exchange policy.
What is the warranty period?
We have a standard warranty of one year from date of purchased for all new items. Floor samples, floor models, closeouts, discontinued items are reduced to sell off as-is conditions. New special order Upholstery furniture like sofas and sectional have different manufacture's defective Warranty period as it varies with different manufactures from 2-3 years for cushions and 5-10 years for body frame structures. These sofas Manufactures handle all defective warranty thru third-party service company to inspect the furniture claim at your home and manufacture base on their report to determine what is best to bring your furniture back to the manufacturer's standard conditions. At their discretions, manufacture have the Rights to decide to touch up scratches or minor damages, fix/repair or replace parts or as needed. In some case, the furniture must be brought back to us and we will take it to our vendor for inspection if it's cover under the warranty unless you need us to pick up and deliver to and from your home, then there is a reasonable service charge for us to do so. We have no control or say in what the manufacture decide if the furniture is cover under warranty or not but we will do our best help you thru this process. The manufacturer has the right to accept or reject a claim base on their inspection & proof provided. At their discretion, they may replace necessary parts or replace the whole piece to you if cover under warranty.
*By purchasing from our website or at our brick and mortar store, you authorized eurohausfurniture.com and/or its Carriers to assess additional fees to your credit card as necessary according to the fee schedule described here. We may deduct restocking fee, original and return shipping costs from your refund or otherwise charge them to your credit card after we receive the return product back at our warehouse.